Sunday, October 24, 2010

Pumpkins

Tonight we decorated our pumpkins for Halloween. We stumbled upon these push-ins at Target a few weeks ago. I was so excited that the boys saw these and wanted to do this instead of carving! Dylan picked Cookie Monster over Elmo....shocking. And Drew picked a skeleton.






So we set out this evening, just me and my boys, and we pushed them right in! NOT! those suckers were hard to get in. There was no way a kid could get those pushed in. It was comedic watching me I'm sure! I had to stand up to get leverage, I was squeezing the pumpkin in between my legs. The little blunt tip plastic pegs did not want to go in and kept bending. I was so scared I was going to break them. I finally went in and got a knife and made slits where I wanted the pegs. That made it a tad easier. While I was doing the pumpkins, the boys were playing with each other so nicely! We had sidewalk chalk and silly string out.
After we were all done with the pumpkins and chalk (I got to write and draw too!), we placed them with some of our pumpkins up by the door.


-- Post From My iPhone via BlogPress

No comments: