Saturday, October 9, 2010

New Pediatrician

The boys met their new pediatrician this week. After weeks of searching and asking other Mommy's, we decided on Dr. Travis at Treehouse Pediatrics. I instantly felt like a patient and not a number when I was calling to make the appointments and get all the records transferred. Although it was a decision long time in the making, it was still a hard decision. Leave the dr that was highly reccommended by the NICU when Drew was born? Leave the dr that has an office so close to our house? It just became too much with her office staff. I had talked to her several times about the staff. The problem was, it was ARC and they have become too big for their britches. I never could talk to the dr and could barely talk to a nurse when I needed to. I had just had enough. The last time Dylan was sick, the dr was very rude to me and suggested I change daycares and wash his beloved blankie more often. Ok, that just pissed me off! So, I decided I was done. We continued to go to her for a few more weeks until Dylan got better. But, now we have officially moved on. It was a good move.
I loved the way this office was painted and decorated. It was so kid friendly. Each room has a different theme! The nurses were very patient with me and all my questions.
But, the dr, oh how I loved him! He was so good with the boys and they liked him too! He put Drew on inhalers for his allergy ashtma! And Drew has done so good with them. He gave us different allergy meds too for both of them. He was just so easy to talk to and get answers from. I'm so happy we switched. It's not down the street, but that is ok.

No comments: