
Well, another year is down! This is our 7th. It has been a whirlwind to say the least. We've been together for 12, married for 7. I feel like at this point I pretty much know Craig better than anyone in the world! We have been through so much. Without him, I wouldn't have my 2 favorite little people in this entire world to love on everyday. I love him for that. Without him, I wouldn't have the material things that I have and a house we love. Without him, I wouldn't have the promise of better things to come. I wouldn't have the promise of a lifetime of love, happiness, laughter, hopes, and dreams.
Many peole doubted us, and that makes me kinda sad, but more pissed and wanting to prove them wrong! And so far so good.
As soon as we got engaged, I started planning my dream wedding. Ah, it was going to be perfect. From the dress to the cake to every little detail, it was all ME! Craig of course, wanting nothing to do with the planning, which frustrated me, but really, he just knew better to stay away and nod his head if I ever did ask his opinion! One reason we work! hahaha! It pretty much was perfect. There were a few things that went wrong, as in every wedding, but they were so minor I was the only one who noticed!

I'm not sure if we chose each other, or if it was something bigger. You see, we met exactly 2 weeks before my dad passed away. And we fell hard and fast! I felt like we had known each other forever over those 2 weeks. And we were long distance, he was at UT, I was at A&M. When my dad died, I wasn't sure how that was going to affect us, but it didn't at all. If anything it made us stronger. He saw the vulernable, soft, sentimental, independent, needy,family oriented,strong parts of me that he wouldn't have seen all at once if it weren't for the circumstance. If he could love me through that, he'd love me a lifetime!
No our marriage is not perfect, but we love each other and we will make it through.
We have always been real with each other and that is one of the reasons we have made it work despite our differences.
I can't wait for our 10th! We plan on going back to Maui (where we honeymooned) and taking the boys and renewing our vows in front of them!
Craig, thank you! I love you! happy anniversary!
1 comment:
happy anniversary!
Post a Comment