Saturday, December 11, 2010

Gingerbread House!

We did it! We decorated a Gingerbread House tonight. We were going to go to our town's Christmas Parade, but it got cold and Dylan has been sick, so I decided we needed to stay home. At first they were disappointed, but they shortly after were ok when I pulled this out to do!

Of course, they had to lick their fingers as they were decorating!
Both concentrating so hard.....

Look at Dylan's side!

All done! and So proud!

"helicopter view"

front view

Dylan ate the ginger-snowman

Drew ate the Gingerbread boy

and it started falling apart about 10 minutes after we finished.
But, that's OK! We came up with the idea that a tornado came through and knocked the roof off!
So, they ate some of it. Good thing we have pics to show for it!

1 comment:

Hannah said...

We made a gingerbread house, and our roof slid off shortly after too! So, we ate it, but we had no pictures to show for it. Oh well! We had just as much fun eating it!
I heard you have to let the house dry at least overnight before decorating it even though it says only 15 minutes in the directions. I guess we will try again next year.