Thursday, March 12, 2009

"I'm not 3 anymore!"

Today my little Drew Richard turned 4. He woke to the sound of my voice singing "Happy Birthday" to him. As he laid in his big baseball bed with his huge smile on his face, I sat on the side of his bed beaming! I'm so proud of the little man that he is! After a million and one birthday kisses from Mommy, he finally got out of bed and was excited about the day. We were walking into his bathroom and he looked up with those big brown eyes and said "I'm not 3 anymore Mommy! I'm 4 now. I'm growing up!" "Yes, you are baby. You are growing up and I love you more each day"
The morning was typical. Rushing out the door, Drew stalling, trying to beat the neighborhood bus! It was rainy and cold this morning, which made me getting all the necessary things into the school building particularly exciting! We made cupcakes last night for Drew's class, and that was the priority of the morning! So, imagine this:me with umbrella, cupcake carrier, lunchbox,purse, Drew's backpack, milk. I sacrificed my morning coffee and left it in the car, I just did not have enough hands!
Drew had an amazing day! His Grandma brought him a special birthday lunch of chicken tenders and chocolate milk! Then he shared the cupcakes that we made last night with his friends. His Mimi send him a balloon bouquet, which made him so happy! After school, Craig and I gave him his present from us. Just a few little things. Then, we went to his favorite restaurant, Pecan Street Deli, where it was the 4 of us and Mimi, Grandpa and Grandma. Mimi brought her present for him--Lego's! He was so excited! He couldn't wait to get home and build the firehouse and firetruck with Daddy! So, while they were doing that, I bathed Dylan. After I got Dylan down, Craig, Drew and I laid in Drew's bed and read books and cuddled for a little bit! It was the perfect ending to the perfect day!
Happy 4th birthday my love!