Monday, December 1, 2008

Big brother, finally....


Oh my gosh! Drew was so stinkin' sweet to Dylan today! The sweetest he has ever been to him and it just made me cry with joy! Drew really does not like being a big brother. If you call him a big brother, he gets upset and says that he's not a big brother! It's kinda sad. Dylan looks up to Drew so much already! He just stares at him and smiles and can watch him for a long time. Drew was the first that Dylan smiled at and laughed for! It is so sweet and I love to see Dylan adoring Drew. It makes me so truly sad that Drew is always saying that he doesn't like Dylan.
BUT, today that all changed!! (at least for the day)
We got home from school earlier today than we have in a while and both boys were in good moods. We went to Drew's playroom and Drew spread his sports blanket on the floor for Dylan and told me that it was OK to put Dylan down on it and it was OK if he drooled on the blanket. Then he got Dylan some toys to try to grab. He kept encouraging Dylan to crawl and screamed with joy and starting clapping when Dylan almost crawled! He was so sweet all night to him. He helped me put Dylan's toys back where they belong.
The absolute best thing that Drew did tonight was to kiss Dylan good night!!!!! That is what brought the tears on! And he did it twice!!! Then in the sweetest, big brother, protective, wonderful way he told him good night!

and that my friends is what makes being their mommy the best job that I can ever hope to have!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sweet...love hearing little stories like this! So glad you are blogging too~ I feel like I am getting to know your boys through your blog (I guess better than not at all!) Keep it up!
xoxo,
Melissa

Amanda said...

JUST wait--when the little ones start getting more mobile and 'learning' things, the big brothers get SOOO excited!! LOVE IT!

Kelly said...

thanks girls!
oh I can't wait for Dylan to grow and learn and see more excitement from Drew!

3greenbeans said...

I loved everything about this story.

Sisters Lose 100 said...

:)...tear---I just love it!

Hannah said...

What a fun night....and how fun it was to read!!!