Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving at my Grandma's house

We went to Waco for Thanksgiving again this year. My brother and I decided last year that we would go there until our Grandma was too "old" to do it all. She loves having us there and does all of it 100% by herself! Everything is made from scratch, and it tastes just like it did when we were kids! Now, we are both married and have kids of our own so it brings all new meaning for us to be there at her house. It was unfortunately a short trip. We headed up Wednesday afternoon and had a family photo shoot.....OMG! terrible! I'll share that story later. Then we wanted to go eat at George's but it was way too busy and with the kids, we really couldn't wait! So we settled on La Fiesta (another great Waco treat!). We had a little room all to ourselves and it was so good to all sit down and just talk and eat and really enjoy each other. The boys and I slept at my Grandma's house (they call her Momo cause that's what I called her when I was little). We woke up early Thanksgiving morning to try to help Momo with all the preparations. The boys watched her intently and were asking all kinds of questions about that turkey. We got a really cute video of them all talking!
Everyone else arrived around 11 and the kids all played while the finishing touches were put on the table.
We had an absolutely wonderful time. The only people missing.....my Daddy and Grandpa. I don't think I'll ever get used to being in that house at holidays without those two men. I'm sure everyone else there missed them also.
We took naps after eating all that turkey then visited for a little bit longer then we had to all come back home. Can't wait for Christmas!

Yum Yum!


Dylan is ready to eat!

Momo's 3 great grandkids playing in her den.


My gorgeous niece, Meredith.

No comments: