We started a tradition when Drew was 3 of taking him to Toys R Us around this time to let him tell us what he wants for Christmas. It has worked beautifully, and this year we included Dylan.
Unfortunately for him, he was feeling a bit under the weather and wasn't all that excited.
I have a Christmas list app on my phone and now have to password protect it, since my little Kindergartner is getting so smart and is so iPhone savy.
so, the four of us hit Toys R Us Sunday afternoon and I typed up everything that they said they wanted. I think there are 3 trashtrucks on Drew's list! A ton of Toy Story stuff for both of them, anything TS3 they get, will be a hit! We also found some Chuggington stuff for Dylan. They got all excited about Christmas, but Drew said again that he really wished Christmas was before Thanksgiving. Just waiting that long is too hard for him. They really get the idea that these things are on the list. We bought nothing yesterday, just looked! They also understand that they have to be good to get those things, and that things can get marked off if they are bad!
Now, my job is to decide what we(Santa) will get them, then pass on lists to the grandparents. That can get tricky....trying to decide who buys what and make sure it's all even. Should it be like that?
I've started a list of things I want for Christmas also, but mine is way shorter than theirs---brazilian blowout, cute pj's, Eclipse!
coming up on 2...
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment