Thursday, June 10, 2010

summer

oh my! summer vacation is here for us. This has been our first week and we have loved it. The boys and I have dedicated a breakfast each day of the week that starts with that letter. Monday Muffins, Tuesday Toast, Wednesday Waffles. Thursday was harder...Toaster Struedels! And Friday is Free choice! On Tuesday, we went to the grocery store and I let them pick any and all snack foods and lunch items they wanted. We bought 7 different fruits. We have had a healthy lunch everyday and I feel so good about that. I'm letting them decide and agree on lunch daily. I also have made a home cooked dinner and it feels so good. I mean, I do that during the school year too, but those dinners have to be 30 minutes to prepare. During the summer I can put something in the oven for 2 hours.
Wednesday morning I took both boys to the dentist where they both did awesome! (more on that later!) Then Wednesday night, Grandma came over to watch Dylan while we took Drew to his first hockey game! That was a lot of fun. And after about an hour, Drew admitted to missing Dylan! "Just a little bit!", but still.....warmed my heart! On our way out, Drew spotted a cute teddybear with the team jersey on it. He picked up 2! one for himself and one for Dylan of course! So sweet!
Today, we are being lazy. Dylan is teething, getting his back molars. And Drew is exhausted from last night! It's almost lunch time, then naps for everyone!
We hope that this summer continues to be as fun as this week has been! There are camps, gymnastics, swimming, vacation bible school, trips to Waco, a family trip to the beach all to still be had. Also, weekly trips to our local library and sprinkler park!

No comments: