Thursday, July 2, 2009

recycle plant

Pflugerville opened their first ever recycle center last night with a tour and ribbon cutting. Of course we took our little recycle loving boy! He wanted to look in every bin and when it came time to cut the ribbon he got a front row spot and got to stand by the mayor. He was even offered a job!
Our city trash stopped taking glass and cardboard boxes, but this new place takes both! Now we will be recycling everything and making frequent visits to the Pflugerville Recycling Center!

4 comments:

Dezzy Lou Where Are You said...

do you have to take it there or will it be picked up? Ive been begging Derek to start recycling for what feels like forever but Im afraid if its "too much work" he wont...

Katrina said...

So cute!! I love how he is standing under the ribbon! What a great thing for pflugerville!

Andrea said...

Yay, Drew! Have you seen that there is a new Little People Recycling Truck toy out now? Is he too old for that? If not, I'm sure he would like it!

Kelly said...

yes, you do have to take the glass and cardboard and stuff like that there. but the paper, plastic, aluminum is picked up once a week by IESI the trash guys. little people recycling truck...ooh I bet he would like that! I don't think he's too old for anything trash/recycling! He said he wants all the trash and recycling trucks there are!!!