Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Baby Girl!


I have a NIECE! I finally have my baby girl that I can buy pink for and spoil the heck out of ! My brother and his wife had a beautiful baby girl, MEREDITH ROSE MEJIA on June 25th.

In both of my pregnancies I only wanted boys, and believe me I thank God everyday that I have my two boys. God knew what he was doing not giving me a girl. I don't think I would be a good girly mommy! Being the only girl in my house lately I have taken a liking to pink! I know...weird huh? (those that know me, know how funny this is!)

I call Meredith my baby girl because she is my only baby girl. I can just see her in the years to come wearing her cute little dresses and bows, running around, with my 2 boys there protecting her!

I got to meet her the day she was born and let me tell you it is the coolest thing seeing my big brother as a daddy! That girl has him wrapped around her finger just like I did with our daddy! They have that bond that I had with my dad and I just know he will be the most important man in her life as well! We went to visit them at home last weekend and Dylan said "baby" for the first time! Holding her was weird for me. She's so small and sweet and just sleeps on you. Those days for me are long gone!

welcome to the world Ms. Meredith. We LOVE you and can't wait to make all the holidays better with you around!

4 comments:

KD said...

so sweet Kel!

Andrea said...

That is such a sweet picture! I want a new baby niece so I can buy pink, too!!!

melissa said...

What a lovely picture...Congrats to your family! Oh, and I LOVE your new banner photo!

Genia said...

Meredith looks SOOOO precious and I know you will be the perfect aunt for her. Congratulations to your brother and Devin! I bet your mom likes having a girl again!