Friday, January 14, 2011

Trip to ER

I can't begin to describe the panic at 2 in the am in Drew's voice. He was sitting up in his bed screaming and crying for me. When I got to him, I discovered blood all over his hands and face. Apparently, he had fallen out of his bed and hit his head on his nightstand.



This is a pic of him in my bed waiting to leave.
I cleaned him up, got dressed and took him to the ER. Craig went with me so we called Grandma over to be here for Dylan. We got to the ER around 3ish and there was nobody in the waiting room.
We got in quick and the DR came in and said he definitely needed stitches, but he was a perfect candidate for the DermaBond Glue.



Waiting on nurse to come put the numbing cream on...



Numbing cream on and watching tv waiting on the DR to apply the glue.



All done! Glued up waiting to dry. He did AMAZING! no tears. At all. We were so proud of him. Our first laceration and he did great.
So we stopped at a famous donut shop and he chose this fried cinnamon roll!



It was almost as big as his face.

Needless to say, we are thankful that it wasn't worse. We will be putting the safety barrier back on. Luckily, we have a relaxed weekend ahead anyway!
-- Post From My iPhone via BlogPress

1 comment:

melissa said...

So grateful he is okay...enjoy your weekend!
xxoo