
Well, Drew is officially in school! He started pre-school this year at Mommy's school! We have a preschool program for PISD employees' kids! He absolutely LOVES school! This picture was taken on the morning of his first day. He was so excited this day! I was so worried about him going to school since he has always been in a home daycare, but he was ready! He has 4 teachers and he's in the room with 9 other kids that are his age and the 12 others that come in for part of the day that have special needs. Drew and the 9 others are 3 and 4 and they are the role model peers for the other 12. He's learning so much and we have seen such a difference in him over the last few weeks! He's
starting to not be as shy as before, although we are still working on that. He comes home everyday and tells me the centers he has gone to and what he did at each one that day. He's always telling me about the choices that the other kids make and then he tells me that he always makes good choices! He's making friends and I love that! He's just so happy! He wakes up in the mornings and is ready to go. He hops out of bed and gets dressed fast and wants to eat breakfast in the car so we can get there earlier! And they can eat breakfast in the room in the mornings, but he doesn't want to eat when he gets there, he wants to start playing with his friends! He ate breakfast there twice!
He loves taking his own lunch and picking out what to put in the lunchbox, but he also really likes buying lunch from the cafeteria! We have a menu at home and I read him what's on it for the next day and we either pack his lunch then or he tells me he wants to buy! Every Monday is chicken nugget day, so when I wake him up he asks me what day it is and if it's Monday, he knows he's having chicken nuggets!!!!
His teachers are all awesome, and they love him. He gets there in the mornings and he usually just walks right in to playing. I have to call him back over to me to tell me bye! I love having him here on my campus and I'm just so thankful that he loves school as much as he does!
No comments:
Post a Comment