OMG!! Today was HORRIBLE!!!!
So, the day started off with my alarm going off and somehow the volume had been turned down all the way! Therefore it was not heard and I slept right through it! Luckily Dylan was crying and ready for a bottle about 30 minutes after I needed to be up! I wanted to get up and get ready before the boys woke up so I could get out the door by 10:15 for swim class! So as I was warming Dylan's bottle I peeked in Drew's room and he was awake, and needed to go potty! So I took him to the potty and helped him out there and got him his toothbrush and vitamin. Meanwhile Dylan was screaming because he has no patience about his bottle warming! But of course wants it warm!!!! So, I fed Dylan his bottle and watched a little bit of PBS kids with Drew. Then I got Drew fed and dressed, then got myself dressed! Then Dylan pooped as we were needing to walk out of the door. I changed him and then we were out the door! Then I hit Drew in the head with the car door as we were rushing to get in. GEEEZ!!!!!!!!!!
We got to swim class right on time! but of course Drew had to go potty! oh wait, false alarm!!! OK, so off to class! going great and oops, gotta go potty! oh wait, another false alarm!!! ok, back to swim class. Drew did great! He is swimming underwater with Ms. Holly for 3 seconds (1, 1,000...)! He's a great swimmer! Can't wait until he is doing it on his own!
So, swim class is over and we are off to our weekly treat of Wendy's! Dylan is screaming at this point, so I fed him at Wendy's while Drew ate! Well, that was my plan. Apparently he was not hungry yet, just screaming! He spit up the ounce that I fed him, all over the 2 of us. Where's the burpcloth? Not in the diaper bag!! It's in the dryer at home.
So Drew ate, not fast enough, and we left! Dylan screamed the whole way home, which is about 20 minutes! it's just past noon by now!!!
so, naptime is coming, great! Drew was asleep by 1. I fed Dylan his bottle that I started at Wendy's and he fell right to sleep. So, I got both boys down and that was the best part of the day! I ate the cold hamburger that I shoved in the diaper bag. ooh, that was yummy...
So, after nap we had Dylan's 2 month dr. appointment.
Guess what! Drew had to go potty twice while we were there! And the 2nd time, he pooped and the toilet would not flush!!! Of course!! Then he slipped on the floor. Oh my gosh! All of this with Dylan in my left arm screaming because I had to stop feeding him so I could assist Drew in the bathroom. So, we go back to the room and waited for the dr. Dylan has colic, duh, and will more than likely have it for 2 more months since it has not gone away yet. oh yipee, here's to more fussiness! The soy formula has worked a bit though, at least he is spitting up less and has less gas! so we got home and cooked dinner and Drew just was cranky the rest of the evening! Craig took both boys on a walk to give me a break. It helped! So when the boys all got back it was bath time and bed time! I'm just so happy that today is over and I can start all over fresh tomorrow.
So, I truly hoped that you got a laugh out of this day, because looking back, it is pretty funny! Just another day in the life of a mother of 2--3 and under!!!! :-)
coming up on 2...
14 years ago
2 comments:
oh my, sounds like quite a day! Wow! When it rains, it pours. I'm sorry. Hope all is well.
literally!! I forgot to add that when we were leaving the dr. office it started to pour!!! luckily I had a blanket that I drapped over Dylan, but Drew and I got soaked!!! At least Drew thought it was fun!
whew...
Post a Comment