Sunday, March 13, 2011

6!

Drew Richard is 6 years old. This year's birthday marks the exact anniversary/timeline of his premature birth.
It was the Friday that spring break started 6 years ago, when I went to my dr not feeling well.....
and you know the rest. VERY scary and forever etched in my brain.
Although I didn't see him the first 48 hours, since I was almost comatose, I remember all the rest of it like it was yesterday.
We spent all this weekend partying and being thankful.
He had his friends party friday night and then we had family over on saturday night.
He got a puppy (Dan) as an early gift.
I love so many things about Drew. Here are just some of them:
  • his compassion towards others
  • his intense care of the environment
  • how he still kisses me goodbye at school
  • how I'm still the only one who can comfort him
  • how he speaks his mind
  • how he already knows the difference between a friend and a foe
  • how he recites lines from his favorite movies
  • how he writes his name
  • that he's reading and very proud of himself
  • how much he loves school (thanks Mrs. Hickman!)
  • how he never wants to disappoint us
  • how he takes care of his pup
  • that he doesn't care how I dress him (within limits!)
  • that he still likes to cuddle
  • that he can lose in a game and not throw a fit
  • that he's truly greatful when he receives gifts
  • that he's playing baseball now
  • that he talks about my Dad sometimes
  • how sometimes he can be so sweet to Dylan
  • that he likes to bargain with us

I can't believe that it's already been 6 years!

Happy Birthday my love. Mommy loves you!


6 weeks premature


6 years old

No comments: