Thursday, June 12, 2008

6 weeks

well Dylan is now 6 weeks and I have been a mother of 2 for 6 weeks now. Some days I feel like I'm doing pretty damn good, and other days not so much! The first month was not so glamorous. Drew tested us to the max! He didn't like Dylan and asked me several times if I could put him back in my tummy. He would tell me that Dylan wanted that too when he was crying! I can't tell you how many times I secretly wished that too! And of course he needed me as soon as I would start nursing Dylan. I mean without fail, for something that he truly didn't need me for, just needed to know mommy was still there for him.
I think now we are all 4 getting used to our new family dynamic! We are all much happier and sleeping better. Dylan is now on formula!
And Drew likes Dylan now and will even kiss him and rub his fuzzy hair. Drew has become such a wonderful big brother and wants to help in any way that he can! He even wanted to help feed him last night! It was so sweet. He's a bit obsessed with the poopy diapers, he has to see them before we roll them up and put them in the diaper genie! He likes to put Dylan's paci back in his mouth when he's crying too!
I'm scared to brag about it, but Dylan has been sleeping like a champ the past few nights! Sleeping 5-7 hours at a time! WOW!! Can we be so lucky to have 2 good sleepers!!!??? gosh, I sure hope I didn't just jinx us on that!
I hope this blog is fun for you to read and hopefully will keep everyone updated on our boys! I've wanted to start a blog for a while now. So, here's hoping that I can keep up with the boys!! :-)

1 comment:

3greenbeans said...

It's great to hear about the real life of a mother of two. I'm so glad Drew likes his brother now, I'm sure that was a hard adjustment for him.

I can't wait to read your blog!